Search This Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Italy and Greece Adventure: Thursday 6/23/11

10:39 pm (Italy Time)
Hotel Room


We are now in Sorrento! After climbing Vesuvius today we drove here and tomorrow we go to the city of pompeii.
At Vesuvius I climbed to the top with Sara and Rebecca. Sara has asthma and we had to stop a lot, but we made it back. She also got a sliver in her hand and Rebecca was almost left behind at the mountain shop. It was a crazy time and a good story to tell, though, so it was worth it. This afternoon after getting to Sorento, which is beautiful by the way, Michelle and I watched Pokemon, Fairly Odd Parents, and Pucca in Italian- although the two japanese cartoons were still with japanese songs. Some of the commercials were hilarious.
Things I learned from commercial watching:
Puffi is the Italian word for smurf, a Tiki Taco is a jumping bean with a face on it, and a guy can turn into a giant teddy bear to advertise ice cream.
After TV watching we went to dinner.
Daily Food List
D8 breakfast- juice, coffee, vanilla coronet (I love coronets, can you tell?), fruit, bread
D8 lunch- pizza, soda, fries (only 10 euro xP)
D8 dinner- orange, salad, pork, potatoes, carrots, cheese and basil pasta (2.5 euro for water)
snack: nutella gelato

Then we went to an amazing gelato place called 'p' something or other- I know it starts with a p because Zac and I couldn't remember the name of it and I bet him . 5 euro that it started with a p and I was right.
I'm having a hard time spelling tonight so I should probably sleep. Goodnight!

No comments:

Visitor's Countries

free counters