Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2011

Italy and Greece Adventure: Friday 6/24/11

11:10 pm (Italy Time)
Hotel, Sorento

We're back in Sorento after our Pompeii and Naples visit today. This morning we visited the ancient city and it's corresponding museum in Naples- holding tightly onto our money so it wouldn't be stolen. Then we had lunch, which was wonderful.
Daily Food List
D9 breakfast- pineapple juice, somersausage and cheese, bread, pie
Snack: 2 and 3/4 mini-pies (shared with friends) which I bought in Rome
D9 lunch- Margarita pizza alice, fanta (european fanta is so much better and so different than american fanta)
D9 dinner- Rice and veggies, tomatoes, fish, potatoes, white chocolate chip gelato, 
Snack: Smurf/ puffi (tastes like frosting- advertising the smurf movie) and inglaterra gelato

After lunch we went to the previously mentioned museum and took a really long walk through Naples to a coffee shop and then to the bus even further away.
After that we came back to the hotel (3 hour drive-ish) and napped along the way. Pucca was on when we came back! (Pucca! Ninja! Noodles! -the only english words in the theme song)
Then we had dinner and went to the gelato place and the bankomat again. The gelato place is called primavera, by the way.
Then we went on another walk. Tomorrow we have like a 9 hour drive to the overnight ferry to Greece.
I feel bad since I haven't e-mailed my parents since Florence and this hotel has wifi, but I'm not rooming with Rebecca, so no internet going devices. Plus we were so busy in Rome- I just haven't had time. I hope they are doing okay. The hotel room last night was freezing- it made me miss my temperature controlled room at home.
There were stray dogs all over the pompeiian ruins, so I of course badly wanted to take one with. We weren't even allowed to touch them, though :( I miss Luke and Norah. Time or bed, though, I will write more on the bus tomorrow. Long drive, yuck.

No comments:

Visitor's Countries

free counters