Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Italy and Greece Adventure: Thursday 6/16/11

1:50pm (Minnesota Time)
Airplane from Minneapolis to Atlanta
We left from school this morning at 7 am to go to the Minneapolis airport. THe bus ride seemed to fly by- I sat next to Rebecca, and we didn't stop talking except to listen to Sassy's announcements. Usually I feel a little awkward sitting near people I don't know well (like sitting next to Mary and Michael A right now) but I guess Rebecca and I have actually known each other since preschool, though I don't really remember that far back.
After arriving at the airport around 8:30 and going through security we had to wait until boarding at 11:45. Michelle, Amy, Michael F, Rebecca and I wandered around the airport and also played egyptian rat for a while.
When we land in Milan it will be morning and we wil be off to see the Cinque Terra, so we need to sleep on the 8 hour flight from Atlanta to Italy. I can't wait until we land- the airplane tends to hurt my eardrums. At least I have gum to help a little. Now the flight attendant is here for food and drink so I shall be off.
(cont.) The layover in Atlanta will be the worst, I think- an hour before a long flight. Great. Bethany will be glad to know that we're watching Glee in the flight to Atlanta- and that there was a King Arthur type movie.

7:41pm (Atlanta Time)
Flight from Atlanta to Milan
We only had about half an hour to roam the airport in Georgia, but after getting on the plane one of the seats had problems so we took off at about 6:30 rather than 5:30 when we got on the plane. I have two clocks on my watch so it's actually 1:45 am in Milan. All of the timezone issues are crazy! 7 hours ahead of Minnesota, 6 ahead of georgia- going as soon as we land 'to get accustomed to the time zone and eliminate jet lag', according to Sassy (I think she just wants to pack as much trip time into 2 weeks as she can)
We return at like Midnight on the 30th, as crazy as that sounds. I got a postcard and combos while in Atlanta- I feel so American. We actually get food on our flight to Milan, which is something I've never done before... but I hear it's terrible. Also, I still have my henna from the senior party last weekend. It looks like this:
The left is an actual picture of the henna, the right is the one I drew in this journal
I kind of wish I had brought my cross stitching along- Mrs. Boline sitting next to me on the plane is doing crochet and it just makes me remember all of the stitching I need to do once I get back- and that brings everything else I need to do. Like thank-you's for graduation gifts and finishing Cassie G's video game (which I still haven't done 5 months later xD).
Speaking of which, I wonder what I should get for her while in Italy. She is our Hetalia Italy, after all.

Shopping List
Bethy- hard rock cafe pin, buttons, beads
Mom-?
Dad-?
CG-?
Brie-?
Sue-?
Raelynn-?

Kayleigh wants me to get her a picture of Sassy at the Trevy Fountain, but I'm not sure if I will get her something else or not.
I'm going to be gone for Father's day, so I should probably try and get something extra special for him.
We're being served food now so I will write more when I can.

No comments:

Visitor's Countries

free counters