Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

Italy and Greece Adventure: Friday 6/17/11

5:31 pm (Italy Time)
Hotel Room
After eating I tried to sleep and failed. Then about 2 hours before landing I threw up the gross airplane food. After landing and getting my suitcase we went to a bankomat and I couldn't get money out because it was all in savings instead of checking. After driving to the hotel and calling my mom twice using Amy's phone I was able to get money, so it's okay.
Driving was long- everyone had jetlag and slept. It was good that our plans changed and we didn't go to the cinque terra right away.
Tonight I'm rooming with Amy, Michelle, and Rebecca. Michelle is already asleep and we haven't even had dinner yet. Dinner is at 7, wake up is at 6:30, breakfast at 7, leave for our next city at 8.
Apparently we will be having the same motorcoach driver for all of Italy, which is pretty awesome. I can't pronounce or spell our driver's name, but it starts with an M (Marizzio? perhaps?) He and Latitzia (however you spell that) are hilarious.
We made a cafe/gas station stop on the way here, but no one really wanted to get up and we felt so awkward talking to people in Italian, which we don't speak or understand.
I can hear cars outside our hotel room, Italian drivers are as horrible as I've heard and we all suck at crossing busy roads. There are so many cars and mopeds and bikers- it's very different from America. In Italy they park their small smart cars pretty much anywhere (except in the middle of the street) including the medians in the road. We're parked for the night here, kind of close to the beach of the Mediterranean, but it's cloudy so I couldn't bring myself to go swim. We did walk, though, so that's fun. I really want to go into this hello kitty shop next door, but it'll have to wait until after dinner when we go for gelato.

No comments:

Visitor's Countries

free counters