Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Yesterday's Happenings

2/17/11

As I sit here watching my dogs eat so that they do not eat the wrong dish (they like to switch dishes, but they get different food), I rather wonder what they go through in a day. They wake up around four to go outside and then they get cold from the winter weather and go back to sleep. Then when my mom wakes up fully around five in order to get ready for work, the dogs get up and go to the living room to bother my dad for his breakfast.
Dad sleeps downstairs on the futon most of the time, and he is usually ready to leave for work by the time I get up for breakfast at 6:45. As soon as I do get up, the dogs are at the end of the hallway waiting for Mom to finish getting ready. She gives them a treat in the morning after running the sink, so now they associate our bathroom sink with treats. Sometimes look greets me when I wake up, but usually Norah is waiting in the bathtub for Mom. Norah likes hopping in the bathtub for some reason. She has a hard time getting out, though, so we have to keep the door closed when we are not home.
After my parents leave, I tend to finish getting ready for school. During this time, the dogs either curl up on the couch in the living room or get comfortable on my Mom’s bed. That is how they are when I leave and how they are when I get home (between noon and two depending on the day). Rather, they are like that until I close the garage door behind my car and they run to the back door so that I can let them outside. I have no idea what they do for those 7 hours, but it seems like they just sleep.
Luke likes to bark at the three big lab-sized dogs in the yard behind ours. I know that if I open the gate, though, he is such a fraidy-cat he will take off running. Norah just follows suit in her barking, but she is afraid of practically everything. Then they sleep some more in the living room until about four, when they start getting excited for dinner. They bounce off the walls until five, when we actually feed them one cup of hard food, a fork full of soft food. Then they beg for our human food.
After my own dinner about an hour later, I am not sure what they do, either. I usually go to my room to do homework or surf the net, so they are out in the living room with my parents getting into mischief I am sure. In the end, I guess I am not curious enough to set up cameras or anything, so we will never know.

No comments:

Visitor's Countries

free counters