Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Deviant Update: What I should be doing...

...is working on cross stitches...
...is deciding on a college...
...is going on college visits...
...is raising money for AD and the Italy trip...
...is getting a job...
...is not finding music for me car, no matter how much I want to...
...is not surfin' the net, not matter how distracting it is...

... but I'm not doing the things I should, and I am doing the things I'm not supposed to.
It's summer, can you blame me?

So my understanding is that for a booth at AD's artist's alley I should have at least 5 cross stitches done as examples. (and then take commissions.)
I've gotta finish a humming bird cross stitch first, because I started it and I've got to use the thread for that first.

I've also compiled a list of all of the colleges I've received information on in the last year or so via e-mail or snail mail. I told mom I want to visit colleges and since it looks like this month is the only time I've got free she said to make a list of those I want to visit. I really don't like looking for colleges because I have issues making up my mind. I don't even know a definite major yet. I've got it narrowed down to something with computers- more than likely graphics or animation.
I've looked up locations for Funimation, because they have a good internship program for animators/ artists, and what do you know? They have a location in Minnesota (not the city where I live, but the state which is close enough) and 2 locations in Texas, one of which is Flower Mound- where some of my relatives live in Texas. It seems to work really well, but I don't even know if I want to do something with Anime or not.
I always sorta had this image of myself in the back of my mind as working in one of those boring desk jobs in a cubicle. I wouldn't mind it, I helped mom with her job in a cubicle before but I wouldn't want to be stuck there for the rest of my life.

I went to Barnes and Noble today to get a book I wanted and get music for my car (which is one of the things I had on my not to do yet list) and spent like $50.00. It's not that I didn't have the money it's that I feel guilty doing it. I'm supposed to be saving up as much as I can so that I can go to both AD and on the Latin trip, both of which are sorta expensive. I've been mooching off of my parents for a while now because I didn't want to spend my own money and then I go out and spend a ton. Plus I'm spending money at the movies on Sunday, too. Gah! I just get so frustrated with myself sometimes. I have a job, but I only work 4 hours a week (at 10 dollars an hour). I mow lawns and I'd been doing really well about saving it up until today. Now that I can drive I'd like to get a better paying job, but I feel like it would eat up all of the time I'll need during the school year for homework and friends.

I really shouldn't even be on here right now, but I can't help it. I guess I'll just have to work harder at getting things on my "to-do" list done so then I can goof off later...

No comments:

Visitor's Countries

free counters